Skip to main content
Asked a question 3 years ago

Are there similar connectors for 1 inch emt tubes? Sometimes, I feel the 3/4 emt is not stiff enough.

Where am I?

In Maker Pipe Connect DIY Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

While you wait to see if/when the larger connectors are made you can try a couple of things using the connectors you already have.

One option is to use 1/2 GRC (galvanized rigid conduit) it has the same OD as 1/2 SCH40 PVC and can be found easily, the downside is you would be looking at about $2 per foot and need to install at least one additional friction band.

Another decent option is to use a 1" OD steel tube and remove the friction band like was shown in a blog post using wooden dowels and aluminum tube but should work with a steel tube if you can find it.

A third less appealing option is to use the 3/4" EMT and fill it with concrete or gypcrete.

I received a reply via email from Kelly that they are going to offer 1” in the future, but she did not mention a date.