Skip to main content
Asked a question 4 months ago

Hi Everyone! So I want to say Thank You, ahead of time. Believe me, any and all help is appreciated! I have been looking everywhere, ie. Home DePot, Lowe's, my local hardware shop, but all to no avail... then somehow, I stumbled upon this site, and I'm already more then sure someone here can help me... So without being to specific, what I need is to find a type of hinge that I can add to either a plastic, or aluminum rod so that I can have a 90 degree bend close to center. Probably like 3 ft. up from the bottom, for a total of four to five ft. There is also the possibility that I would want this rod to be telescoping, as to add a foot or two to the total length. But that will depend on how that would affect the overall durability, as well as the hinge performance. I'm thinking I would probably need a button for a release, so if I'm holding the poll out straight, I don't want it to collapse at the hinge. And likewise, when it is in it's bent position, I wouldn't want it to unbend until I'm ready... via the button! So does anyone know if such a thing already exists, or how to go about building one if not?

Where am I?

In Maker Pipe Connect DIY Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

No answers yet.