Skip to main content
Asked a question last year

Hi first time using Maker Pipe connectors. Building a screen frame for an outdoor movie set up. What connectors do I use for a 2-way 90 degree angle? The ones I bought seem to be 3-way and the connectors don't seem to hold the two right angle pipes firmly in place I suspect because there's no third pipe in place. Am I just missing something? Thanks!

Where am I?

In Maker Pipe Connect DIY Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Good question! So, you can use T-connectors or 90s which is what you have by the sound of it. I like Ts  because they are so basic and versatile, but the 90 is a better choice for nice, rigid corners.

You are right, the 90s need that third perpendicular pipe to make everything nice and tight. Just take a scrap of conduit and cut a short stub as long as the width of the connector and put that in the corner. For a lot of builds, you need that third pipe to complete a vertex like the corner of a cube which you cannot do with two Ts without a bit of offset. In your case you will end up with nice corners, but yeah, you will need that short piece to fill in the gap.